March is over in a day and I’m yet to finish my Philippines trip report from late last year. It is long overdue, but nonetheless I’m still working on it and will finish it soon. I’m currently working on writing up several posts about language, life, sugar, and work. All unique, yet interesting topics.
This year has been relatively relaxed. I’ve been focusing a lot on my hobbies outside of “work”, reading a fair amount, and spending more time with local friends since I’ve been in Bangkok. It is nice to stay in 1 spot for more than a couple months, but it also builds more drive to explore more places. I think it is important to sit back at home and reflect every so often. Otherwise you’ll become overwhelmed and unable to truly accept the experiences that you’ve had, often without even knowing it.
Good reads/videos for the month:
- Spritz – this technology is fascinating and will allow us to read 500++ words per minute, which is significantly faster than most of us can read today. It is reading without moving your eyeball. Brilliant stuff.
- What Does Too Expensive Mean? Seth Godin and typepad work magic. I found this piece put especially well.
- 6 Habits to Keep You Consistently Happy
- Marc Andreessen on Big Breakthrough Ideas and Courageous Entrepreneurs – I’ve recently taken a liken to this channel: Stanford Graduate School of Business. Good discussions. This was was excellent.
- Asian Efficiency Guide to Mediation – short and simple, give it a try.
- 7 Truths About Productivity You Need to Know